Perform QA engineering tasks as part of a team responsible for debugging SANscreen through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards related to technologies, such as CIFS, iSCSI, NAS + SAN.
The QA engineering should also develop, modify, and execute software test plans as well as
As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market.
- Analyze and write test standards
- Analyze and write test procedures;
- Maintains documentation of results;
- Work closely with development engineers in resolution of problems.
This position requires and individual who is creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, and driven to produce results.
Job Requirements – Optional
- Participate in design reviews, make recommendations for product improvements and identify of weakness for Quality Assurance Testing.
- Understand Design Specifications and Product Requirements, including the surrounding technology, to enable the successfully testing through all phases of the development and testing phase.
- Develop, maintain, modify and execute test plans / test cases associated with existing and new functionality. The test cases should be designed so that they exceed the requirements document to maximize test coverage.
- Design, implement and execute of test cases based on customer scenarios, Product Requirements Documents and Design Specifications, as well as “Change request”, which occur on a regular bases during the development and testing phase.
- Identify defects and consult with development engineers toward problem resolution. Participate in establishment of test standards and procedures.
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- You will participate in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Strong Networking and TCP/IP knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assist others in brain storming and problem solving.
- Strong scripting ability (ideally Perl or Java Script)
- Strong SQL scripting ability
- Proven experience in commercial software testing and methodology; including functional, system, performance testing, stress testing, regression testing, integration testing and unit testing.
- Proven knowledge of testing process, methodology, and the software development lifecycle is necessary
- Proven track record in design, developing and improving test plans, test cases and other documentation
- Work closely with Engineers to help identify and resolve issues
- Experience with bug tracking tools.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Proven programming development experience or knowledge (ideally Java).
- Proven automation experience (ideally RFT).
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- This individual interacts primarily with staff to director levels employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to team projects. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required. 3 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a Master Degree; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks. Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Massachusetts - Waltham Requisition Number 19062BR
NetApp - 13 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....