Position Overview: New York Media is seeking a QA engineer to provide testing and quality assurance services across our digital properties (nymag.com, vulture.com, thecut.com, grubstreet.com). The engineer would be focused on contribution to our automation test framework as well as providing support of our properties on a day to day basis. The position will have exposure to many of the latest technologies and frameworks as well as working closely with a talented team of technologists delivering innovative and industry leading products.
We are offering qualified candidates competitive compensation, a personal budget for training and conferences, plenty of paid time off, and modern hardware tools to work with. This position reports to the QA Manager.
- Develop automated tests to ensure the consistency and quality across all of our digital assets
- Work with Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Management teams in the creation of new product enhancements
- Provide Level 1 support to the various business groups in the day to day operations of our properties
- Provide support and testing for our regular release cycle through a combination of automated and manual tests
- Strive to reduce the defect ratio, improve uptime and error rate metrics, and ultimately improve the performance of all our properties
Local candidates only.
- 2+ years of web technology in a QA position
- 1+ Years of experience with Selenium RC or Selenium 2
- Working knowledge of an OOP Languages (Java/Python/C#)
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent knowledge of Agile testing methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC
- Problem solver with a exceptional debugging skills
- A good understanding of Agile testing methodologies
- Experience with bug tracking and management tools
- Experience writing/executing manual and automated test cases
- Knows what should be automated and what shouldn’t
- Excellent communication skills
Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "QA – NYM".
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received unless your email is bounced back. EOE.
New York Media LLC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard