The world is changing. Join the Riverlution! At Riverbed, we bring the world closer together so every person and every company can find the fastest way to the possible. Imagine if you could run applications up to 100 times faster over your WAN, reduce network traffic by up to 95%, and collaborate anywhere as if you were in the same room- you can! Riverbed Technology is the IT infrastructure performance company. The Riverbed family of wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions and end to end network and application visibility liberates businesses from common IT constraints by increasing application performance, enabling consolidation, and providing enterprise-wide network and application visibility -- all while eliminating the need to increase bandwidth, storage or servers. Thousands of companies with distributed operations use Riverbed to make their IT infrastructure faster, less expensive and more responsive.
Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We need cross-functional software developers, and QA Test Engineers with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together across all functions to make our business grow and flourish. Join us on this journey, and help us create the world of the future. We offer competitive compensation package including a generous salary, comprehensive fringe benefits, matching 401K plans, stock options, and career advancement!
We are seeking a Software QA Engineer to join our team immediately as a full time staff employee.
You will develop tests and test tools to verify the proper functioning of Riverbed’s network appliances. The ideal candidate will have significant experience with networking technologies (like TCP/IP, managed switches, routers) as well as software development methodologies.
We believe that delivering a quality product requires an investment in good software tools and automation, and we want to hire people who share this belief. Riverbed has an excellent quality-oriented engineering environment with a high ratio of QA to development engineers.
* Create and extend tools to analyze the performance of Riverbed network appliances.
* Utilize understanding of networks and network protocols, as well as programming skills, to analyze TCP/IP network traces to find implementation problems, compliance problems, and performance problems with the network integration components of the Riverbed appliance.
* Develop automated test cases to exercise 3rd party applications and devices using application APIs to induce behaviors that exercise the Riverbed appliance functionality.
* Design and implement test plans to test various features of Riverbed network appliances.
* Must have a solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
* Must have strong programming and debugging skills.
* Must have good written communication and documentation skills.
* Experience working with Linux or FreeBSD on PC-based hardware is strongly desired.
* Windows system administration experience strongly desired.
* Experience writing scripts in Perl or any script language (Python, Ruby, PHP, bash, etc) is a plus.
* Cisco certification (CCNA or CCNP) is a plus.
* B.S. in CS or EE is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V.
Riverbed Technology, Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard