Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for an Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team in Sunnyvale, CA. In this role you will be a member of a QA test team of the next generation software test application to deliver key usability and performance improvements over the existing product suite.
• Achieve in-depth understanding of Spirent’s product domain, pertinent technologies and development processes.
• Assess and understand basic testing methodologies, Spirent products, and next generation product requirements.
• Understand Product Verification automated test environment, tools and script development process.
• Understand software components in the product architecture. • Based on product requirements create test plans and test cases, coordinating test plan reviews, test case reviews.
• Will assume responsibility for the testing of assigned software and/or hardware projects involving various networking protocols.
• Oversee and maintain the various automation systems/environments currently in use .
• Develop new Selenium, Python, Perl and TCL scripts for additional API test coverage.
• Oversee and maintain internal build/regression monitoring tool (PHP/MySQL).
Minimum requirement BSCS/EE. Enrollment in MSCS/EE program is preferred.
• Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with all team members and with the management team on design issues, test planning and decisions.
• Able to troubleshoot technical issues and find solutions to complex problems.
• The candidate must have a minimum of one year working experience in C#, C++, PHP, TCL/TK and/or Perl.
• Able to configure Cisco, Foundry, and Juniper switches and routers.
• Working knowledge of Python, Selenium and test automation is recommended.
• The candidate must possess knowledge of Networking Technologies including IP related protocols and knowledge of L4-L7 applications such as HTTP/HTTPs, FTP, DHCP, CIFs, RTSP and SIP.• Knowledge of IPSec, 802.1X, PPPoE and VLAN Technologies is also highly desirable.• Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
Spirent Communications - 10 months ago