UserTesting.com is a fast-growing start-up based in Mountain View (right off 101). We’re in the business of helping website managers answer one question: “WHY are people leaving my website without buying?” We do that by recording ‘think-aloud’ video of people using websites, so you can quickly see why they get stuck and frustrated. We’ve rapidly become part of the website improvement process for companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Walmart, Groupon, and Twitter (see a list of great customers here ). We’re looking for smart, fun, and talented Ruby developers with a passion for making clean and usable products
This is a really exciting opportunity for a developer who wants to play a key role in our product evolution. We’re looking to combine your ideas and expertise with our vision to create a top notch product. We need someone who will work with our existing team of developers to re-enforce our “build quality in” culture and who gets satisfaction through continuously shipping software to customers. As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for performing proactive end to end verification and testing for daily product releases, managing defect resolution, and helping to ensure the continuous delivery of features.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Working closely with software developers and stakeholders to ensure that acceptance criteria is testable.
- Rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product defects.
- Acting as a QA technical resource to project teams, ensuring that reported defects and feature requests have the information required to complete them.
- Document and manage the process for reporting production defects.
- Acting as liaison between engineering and other departments to determine next steps and communicate defect status.
- Manage team quality metrics.
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years manual functional/regression testing design and execution experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA within agile processes such as Scrum, Kanban, and XP and how QA can help software teams deliver greater business value
- Automated and performance testing experience
- QA testing on web-based, desktop, and mobile applications
- University degree in computer science or closely related field
- SQL database concepts and ability to analyze and write SQL queries
What we offer:
- Familiarity with and interest in testing automation
- Working knowledge of Ruby or any development experience an asset
- Experience in the field of Usability
- Experience using UserTesting.com, a big plus!
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- IRA plan with matching contributions
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- Education reimbursement
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid time off to work at a charity or non-profit of your choice
- A fun place to work with a great team of people!
Submit the following:
1) Your resume
2) Tell us a little about yourself and why you’re a good fit for this position
User Testing - 15 months ago