• Purpose: The QA Engineer works with Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and others to help ensure high quality and timely delivery on multiple projects of varying sizes and complexities. The QA Engineer plans, schedules and executes manual testing throughout the development cycle and during periodic releases. Throughout the project, the QA Engineer communicates frequently with team members regarding test status, and helps to resolve project problems and issues to ensure the highest degree of customer satisfaction. The QA Engineer will have broad experience in many aspects of software quality, and expertise in some. Successful candidates will have a passion for quality and the drive to accomplish their goals.
• Scope: This Tucker, GA based position has responsibility for supporting the test efforts for YP’s various IT initiatives. This person will help provide assistance to the QA automation team in identifying and validating opportunities for automated testing as identified.
• Assist in providing estimates of work (LOE’s) on QA activities for various projects
• Develop and execute testing strategies and plans for multiple products and projects
• Assist the Development team in assessing and improving testability of the system
• Work with developers and support personnel to identify and correct defects
• Write and track Bug Reports as problems are found and corrected
• Participate in periodic release activities
• Provide QA expertise to junior members of the QA team
• Work with Engineering team to brainstorm and test new ideas
• Stay current with emerging web and software technologies as they apply to testing
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Experience with relational data bases like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
• Experience with web QA testing
• Strong networking, communication and organizational skills
• Must have experience with various testing tools (test case management, defect tracking, requirements, metrics, etc.)
• Familiarity with web services like: REST/JSON APIs, and/or Soap/XML WSDL APIs a plus
• Competency Profile
• Must be a driven, self-starter with strong work ethic
• Must have a strong attention to detail
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
• Able to easily build relationships and establish trust with peers in other departments
• Background Experiences
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, EE, CIS or equivalent
• Must have 3-5 years of QA Experience
• Must have 2+ years of experience in a QA leadership role
• Experience managing project timelines and deadlines
• Agile/Scrum training preferred
YP - 18 months ago
Yellow Pages Group is a leading digital company in Canada. The Company serves over 300,000 local businesses through its nationwide sales...