Job Description :
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexibility to work overtime hours as needed
- Quality Assurance experience
- PC-based computing experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Axcess) essential.
- AS400 experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
JD-008 Ref: COP-PT-002 Revision: 1-1-2012 1
QA Inbound and Outbound Inspector
Principle Job Function:
In this position the Quality Assurance Inbound and Outbound Inspector provides timely inspection of inbound and outbound materials and products. The principle responsibility of every employee is to aid in the production of superior quality products.
This position’s primary function is to inspect inbound and outbound materials and products but is not limited to or restricted to the duties listed in this document. On a day-to-day basis this position answers directly to the Quality Assurance Lead Inspector and/or Quality Manager. This position may require overtime on an as needed basis. This individual must familiarize and understand QPSI standard operating procedures.
Principle Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions: Examine incoming trailers and material for any contamination, infestation, odor and damage.
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- May work in an office environment or in the warehouse around machinery. Some occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, moving parts, dust, and fumes. The noise level is considered usually very moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required, for a period of 8-12 hours per day, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, controls, or tools. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Review Bill of Ladings, packing slips, trailer tags for correctness, completion and security.
- Verify the quantity and correctness of incoming materials (bulk cases, any incoming count for correctness) and documents any discrepancies
- Verification of finished goods criteria, per release criteria.
- Verification and approval of incoming goods. Place incoming product on hold/quarantine status until incoming inspection is complete
- Perform required inspections (incoming sampling inspection)and complete incoming Inspection Reports, inspect incoming material using the square root base plus one of containers and inspect all container labels or as customer specification
- Any discrepancy in material or documentation will be reported to QA department.
- Complete receiving (inbound) and shipping (outbound) records.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Inspector on an as needed basis.
- Assure that "HOT" priority inbound materials/products are inspected quickly and accurately.
- Interacts with warehouse management and personnel for continuous improvement.
- Initiate QMR, NCR as they occur.
- Filing of QA inbound and out bound records.
- May be required to work as a production associate on a line as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Quality Packaging Specialists International, LLC. - 10 months ago
QPSI utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to assure quality, efficiency, consistency and precision. Our creative resourceful engineering and...