Quality Assurance Lead, Cloud Services
Livescribe is a privately held, venture-funded, consumer-electronics company that is blazing new trails in the area of digital speech and handwriting and is changing the way people write, learn and communicate. Livescribe products enable consumers to capture handwriting and speech, integrate them as one interactive medium, and share the result with other people, applications or services – directly from pen, paper or tablet, to the Web or other Internet-connected devices.
Check out this quick video for a glimpse into our products:
This role is an important matrix position within Livescribe. As a key contributor to Livescribe’s Software Quality Assurance Team he/she will work with other Software Quality Leads to improve our software quality process and ensure successful high quality product releases that delight our customers. As a key contributor to our Cloud Services Product Team he/she will engage as a member of a highly technical Agile team to deliver on our Cloud Services roadmap, ensure quality and help measure and drive the performance and scalability of our services.
We are seeking an experienced software quality assurance engineer with a passion for scalable web systems, the technical capacity to work beside some of our strongest developers, the maturity to be a leader of a team of contributors – some local, some remote, and the ability to thrive in highly collaborative Agile teams.
- Testing of cloud services and applications both front-end & back-end. Ensure that quality plan and executed test coverage is complete and that our roadmap includes appropriate projects for improving automation.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to review and understand functional requirements, contribute to Iteration and Release planning, and drive QA activities for Cloud Services projects. Participate in software requirement and implementation design reviews.
- Responsible for driving and implementing the quality strategy for Cloud Services. Develop test plans and approaches; specify test cases to be implemented. Recommend appropriate QA automation & performance tools for developing, running tests, and analyzing results.
- Drive execution of manual and automated tests; report and analyze results. Assess and report severity and priority of problems found during validation cycles, by considering all angles of the problem space: customer perception, functionality, usability, performance, etc.
- Help the team to capture performance data, and drive the analysis and resolution of key quality issues and performance problems impacting design and production.
- Responsible for working with software quality leadership team to own and improve software quality process and provide visibility to product quality across the system.
- Effectively communicate cross functionally and across department boundaries
Compensation packages include competitive salaries and stock incentives. We are headquartered in Oakland, CA with easy access from 880 and a free shuttle from BART. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years in web-services focused software development and/or quality assurance
- 2+ years in technical leadership roles – ideally QA; experience within an Agile team delivering at least two commercial product releases
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development tools (source control, defect tracking systems). Strong QA process documentation & communication skills
- Must have a solid understanding of modern automated software validation techniques as it applies to automation of web services and systems
- Familiarity with Open Source Software & Web Automation tools; experience using Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, Quick Test Pro, Test Complete or equivalent tools
- Experience within an Agile team delivering at least two commercial product releases
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong technical capacity and ability to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with HTML, SQL, CSS, Apache, SOAP, XML RPC, AJAX , UNIX