Quality Assurance Lead, Pen Software
Livescribe is a privately held, venture-funded, consumer-electronics company that is blazing new trails in the area of digital speech and handwriting and is changing the way people write, learn and communicate. Livescribe products enable consumers to capture handwriting and speech, integrate them as one interactive medium, and share the result with other people, applications or services – directly from pen, paper or tablet, to the Web or other Internet-connected devices. Check out this quick video for a glimpse into our products:
We are seeking an experienced software quality assurance engineer with a passion for internet connected devices, the technical capacity to work beside some of our strongest developers, the maturity to be a leader of a team of contributors – some local, some remote, and the ability to thrive in highly collaborative Agile teams.
This role is an important matrix position within Livescribe. As a key contributor to Livescribe’s Software Quality Assurance Team you will work with other Software Quality Leads to improve our software quality process and ensure successful high quality product releases that delight our customers. This is a great opportunity to make a difference as a critical member of a highly technical, high performance Agile team to deliver on our Smartpen roadmap and to lead the quality assurance efforts for these projects.
Also, a good sense of humor, adventurous and someone who loves a good Tiki drink now and again would be great!
- Ensure that quality plan and executed test coverage for Pen Software is complete.
- Engage with development and product teams on Iteration and Release planning, and driving QA activities for Pen Software projects.
- Responsible for defect management in the Pen Software workspace. Communicate regularly with our remote test team to drive test execution and analyze test results.
- Ensure robustness and correctness of the system by applying best test practices and by promoting the use of those practices within the broader engineering team.
- Help the team to capture performance data, and drive the analysis and resolution of key quality issues and performance problems impacting design and production.
- Responsible for working with software quality leadership team to own and improve software quality process and provide visibility to product quality across the system.
- Effectively communicate cross functionally and across department boundaries
Nice To Have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 - 10 years in software development and/or quality assurance
- 2+ years in technical leadership roles – ideally QA
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development tools (source control, defect tracking systems)
- Experience with J2ME and/or C/C++, ( embedded platforms a plus)
- Experience applying automated testing to ensure quality of software systems
- Experience within an Agile team delivering at least two commercial product releases
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong technical capacity and ability/passion to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Compensation packages include competitive salaries and stock incentives. We are headquartered in Oakland, CA with easy access from 880 and a free shuttle from BART. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth experience
- Embedded systems (RTOS/Android/ARM/Flash/I2C/SPI)
- Ability to structure and implement automated tests given established frameworks
- Communication protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, OBEX, Wireless, BT)
- Experience with at least one other written foreign language
Livescribe - 20 months ago