Healthcare Industry experience and working knowledge of Facets is preferred. The QA Lead I is responsible for the testing oversight of corporate projects, systems implementations, and new application development, and works as a liaison to the project team to communicate testing needs and requirements. The QA Lead I will possess the necessary analytical and technical skills required for supporting and accomplishing the testing efforts. They may perform some or all of the following functions: Interviews of technical and business Subject Matter Experts; Systems analysis; Diagram work flows; Developing the test plans and test cases to evaluate these scenarios for application; Test team leadership. Strong SQL and data validation skills. ETL Testing and validation (prefer experience with Informatica PowerCenter, but not required). Strong Data warehousing knowledge. Ability to write complex SQL queries to build expected results and compare expected and actual results. What you need to succeed, 2 plus years of ETL and Data Warehousing projects in Healthcare domain. We have to have someone with strong leadership experience. We have a lot of contracted testers and we need someone who can manage the project, and manage their workload. Incumbent need not be an expert on the data side but have good understanding on the ETL/DW Flow/Process in Healthcare domain. They need to understand the objective of the overall Project/Program and how different pieces fit into the flow/process in the required order. xperience with Databases (DB2), creating test estimators, XML schemas or other languages. Will need good negotiation skills. Ability and experience managing a team of 4 - 8 is required and experience writing full test plans is required.
- Participates on Corporate Projects in the role of QA Test Lead.
- Develops testing strategy and documents in a project Test Plan.
- Acts as liaison with the Business to develop the appropriate testing strategy for their applications. This can include creation and development of test scripts, test process, and data validation strategies.
- Ensures test plans and schedules reflect the necessary activities and durations to achieve the defined requirement and objectives following available standards and guidelines.
- Provides quality assurance of test processes and automation by continually monitoring activities and reporting trends.
- Leads, monitors and mentors junior colleagues in QA Tester roles.
- Develops and/or maintains standards for test planning, test case development, and defect reporting.
- Have an active role in change management processes.
- Advanced proficiency in HP Quality Center, MS Access & MS Excel
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Visio and Internet applications
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to lead small (2-4) test teams through all phases of software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation
- Strategic thinking/planning skills
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines
- High degree of business maturity and demonstrated confidentiality
- High energy level and ability to project enthusiasm
- Persuasive communication style
- Polished, professional image and reputation
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated change management and change catalyst competencies
- Demonstrated leadership skills (coaching, mentoring, staff development)
- Demonstrated personal accountability
5-7 years work experience in Software Development and QA
Strong SQL and data validation skills
Cognos experience and testing and validation
Strong database experience (prefer DB2 and Sybase / SQL Server)
ETL Testing and validation (prefer experience with Informatica PowerCenter, but not required)
Ability to write complex SQL queries to build expected results and compare expected and actual results
Knowledge of Health Care required
Experience testing Web Services
Proficiency in HP Quality Center or similar testing tool
Knowledge and experience working with XML
Experience in Data Profiling is preferred, but not necessary
Experience Data modeling and relationships
Strong Data warehousing knowledge (Star and Snowflake schemas, dimension and fact tables, data marts for reporting, etc.)
Experience in the following tools is preferred but not required
advanced text editor programs (UltraEdit, etc)
comparison tools (Beyond Compare)
basic knowledge of Unix OS
HealthNow New York Inc. - 17 months ago