Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodology, tools, and process.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement test plans
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain an effective follow up system to ensure timely and accurate handling of information requests.
- Demonstrate ability to work with users of the product, comprehend their issues and requirements, then debug and translate them into tests cases
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing a bonus
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence a bonus
Education, Experience & Training requirements:
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
- 3+ years experience in Quality Assurance or related field
- 1+ years experience with automated testing tools preferred.
What's the technology stack?
Our technology stack runs across a number of programming languages and open source technologies. Our current development team works across Java, C#, ASP.NET, Flex/ActionScript, and iOS. Soon we will be adding HTML5 to the mix. We also utilize a number of different datastores (relational, relational column store, multidimensional, and NoSQL).
Why are we hiring?
We are fast growing venture capital backed company and are hiring across all organizations.
This position reports to Director of QA and Release Management, works with development, India QA team, and operations
Birst offers a complete business intelligence solution with all of the major elements you require -- from advanced data transformation and loading (ETL) to fully integrated reporting and presentation capabilities. This is unlike traditional on-premise BI, which you have to cobble together yourself from different products and vendors. Since Birst is fully integrated and leverages automation across its solution, it’s fast to deploy, powerful, and easy to administer and use.
To apply please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Engineering – QA Lead".
Birst - 2 years ago