Overview and Summary:
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead is responsible for leading the test efforts for a particular testing discipline. The QA Lead is considered a senior quality assurance expert fully capable and accountable for driving the tactical quality assurance efforts in a particular area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement test plans and test strategy.
- Monitor testing of software applications including prioritizing tasks, assigning tasks to QA staff, and reporting the progress of testing tasks.
- Perform general testing functions including defect resolution and reporting, writing and executing manual and automated tests.
- Reviews and approves test deliverables created by QA staff, including plans, estimates, and defects.
- Provides input to quality checkpoints.
- Collaborate with teams to identify best practices and promote sound quality methodologies.
- Participate and provide feedback in the recruiting process.
- Responsible for driving day to day project activities.
- Participate in setting goals and objectives.
- Participate in performance review process.
Qualifications - Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound knowledge of functional and system testing.
- Sound knowledge of test case design and execution.
- Able to identify and manage scope, environments, test data requirements, resources, and timeline.
- Able to work with the project team to create an accurate plan for testing.
- Decompose requirements into comprehensive test cases.
- Identify risks, priority and coverage against requirements.
- Review defects with the product teams and ensure defect management process is followed.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of database structures, stored procedures and complex querying.
- Have in depth knowledge of the platform, tables, business logic, and the entire application.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, support for QA team members.
- Delegate work, monitor progress, and report scheduled variances and/or scope changes.
- Strong knowledge of Selenium, C# and Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Ability to see the Big Picture (Business Understanding, Questioning, Visioning).
- Leadership Skills (Buy In/Advocacy).
- Problem Solving (Creative Thinking).
- Must have Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science or Information Systems from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution.
- Must have a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.
Urban Science - 16 months ago