This position will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The role requires hands-on QA expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test.
- Evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Respond to all requests from team members in a timely professional manner.
- 6+ years’ experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience
- Ability to manage a small QA team including scheduling, oversight, prioritization, and one-on-one mentoring.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, bonus and stock eligibility
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, 401K with company match, EAP, Fitness Reimbursement
Local candidates only. No agencies please. To apply, send resume, cover letter and salary requirements