EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer , NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football , Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX , and Fight Night boxing. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com .
What skills does EA look for?
- Formulation of a QA framework that can be implemented and managed to ensure consistency across all customers
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of the QA personnel
- Collaborate with partners in development and finance to define schedules and establish QA budgets
- Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies
- Establish efficient and effective methods of reporting and communicating between Studio QA and Test Centre functions
- Assist the WWQA group in establishing and enforcing a Service Level Agreement with customers
- Formulate strong relationships with the WW QA teams, external partners and customers
- Managing QA Project Managers
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA. Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders
- Contribute directly to performance evaluation of individuals and teams, compiling objective feedback that is channeled toward both personal and process improvement
- 5 years of managerial experience with at least 2 years managing managers
- 5 years experience within the testing industry
- Proven track in multi disciplined project and/or test management – Minimum 3 Years, Ideal – 5 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes (preferably in games but not necessarily)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management and process improvement
- Proven record in managing 3rd party suppliers, including commercial negotiation, vendor management in both a consultancy and fixed price environment
- Previous experience working in a distributed QA environment and managing external QA teams
- Previous experience managing bug defect solution & creating test plans
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Pro-active, motivated, and energetic
- Influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands
- Flexible and dynamic – quickly adapt to changing needs of the business
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...