Great food and great careers – this is what Performance Food Group brings to the table. PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Quality Control Manager position will perform the following duties:
Performance Food Group is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
- Ensure FDA/USDA Import compliance for all PFG branded beef/meat and seafood items
- Ensure Business record/documentation compliance with all PFG business policies and practices at all beef/meat and seafood processing facilities
- Manages beef/meat and seafood validation/verification programs for food safety, product quality, specification compliance, species identification and all FDA seafood risk factors
- Manage beef/meat and seafood supplier approval process
- Conducts or coordinates food safety/HACPP and GMP/GAP audits for all branded beef/meat and seafood raw material suppliers and packers-- may require international travel
- Manages food safety systems for all product categories for export business including supplier requirements and customer expectations
- Conducts Mock recalls and follow-up effectiveness checks for PFG branded beef/meat and seafood products to ensure recall systems meet or exceed regulatory standards and customer expectations
- Conducts supplier follow-up audits and corrective actions following product recalls and/or market withdrawals
- Oversee the specification program for all PFG beef/meat and seafood raw materials and finished products
- Oversees DNA traceability program for beef, meat and seafood
- Responds to all regulatory issues and customer complaints on PFG branded beef/meats and seafood
- Coordinates Seafood HACCP training for Opco personnel as needed
- Participates in food shows, professional associations and regulatory meetings as are pertinent to beef/meat and seafood
- Issues quarterly reports on compliance and verification/validation activities with suppliers and Opcos
- Manage Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) activities to attain and maintain SQF certification at all PFG processing facilities and the warehouses as appropriate
- BS in Food Science, Meat Science, Microbiology or other scientific field
- Experience in HACCP, food safety systems and food regulations with Instructor credentials secured or pending
- Working knowledge of SharePoint portal databases and Microsoft office suite (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Word)
- 5-10 years experience in food manufacturing, food service or food distribution with a focus on food safety & quality
- Able to travel domestically and internationally (20-30% travel annually)
When it's time to eat out, Performance Food Group (PFG) delivers. It's the #3 broadline foodservice distributor in the US (behind...