ECCO Select is currently looking for a QA Tester to support a large CIS upgrade. We are looking for a QA tester to write and execute functional tests and report results for a major Customer Information System. You will need experience performing Functional Systems testing, excellent documentation and analysis skills.
This is a contract opportunity located in Kansas City, MO.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Execute test cases to analyze and identify system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing and escalate issues as defined by process.
- Support testing environment and the testing lifecycle.
- Report defects and work with development team to resolve open issues.
- Analyze and identify system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously
- Interface with Project Management team and Development team.
- Support after hours tasks as required.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience manual testing with experience with SQL and relational database structures.
- Develop and document application test cases based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Execute test plans on computer applications
- Verify specific action or function of code
- Record and document results and compare to expected results
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected
- Proficient understanding of testing in an SDLC.
- Experience with reviewing requirements and developing test cases based on those requirements
- Experience with testing management software and processes
- Basic understanding of system integration.
- Knowledge of Release Management and Testing processes
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed, and analytical style using fact-based metrics.
- Effective business and technical writing skills (for documenting test cases and results)
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
- Understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database structures.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and repair of existing test scripts.