Job Title: QA Packaging Lab Manager #KR-002-13
Reports To: Quality Assurance Director
Location: Ft. Smith, AR
Compensation: 95,000 plus 15% bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
About our Client:
Leading, global manufacturer and bottler of premium distilled spirits and fine wine.
The principal functions of this position are to assist with developing a quality-minded culture by developing a team of Quality technicians that is self sufficient and that communicates effectively across the value chain. In addition, they will provide analytical, technical and operational information to the Bottling Operation in support of production items. This position is in place to review package and specification information for regulatory compliance as well as quality assurance. The specialist is tasked with monitoring labels and case marking mandatories. This individual will be directed by the QA Director to complete specific studies for future development of the packaging changes. This position will perform investigations in response to new supplies, supply inconsistencies and preparing the preventative measures to ensure quality products. This individual will develop and/or provide required package export documentation. Leadership skills are necessary to ensure employee development.
This person would be expected to perform as back-up to the Director of Quality in terms of product disposition and quality assessments.
Ensure new product, ingredient and/or packaging specifications, application and trials, and new package set-up accuracy. · Standardize electronic data in shop order notes and internal information to the Spec Database.
- Provide direction and leadership Packaging Quality Assurance (PQA) staff. Interact with bottling team members to assist with the investigation of quality issues and production performance as it relates to quality.
Work with Operations, Engineering & Maintenance to resolve nonconformance issues related to ingredient and/or packaging materials. Work with plant Leaders to determine impact of material deficiencies, “held product” dispotison. Serve as a technical resource for trouble shooting process & equipment. Work with Supply Management / Purchasing - Materials specifications on supplier nonconformance tracking & reporting. Work with Suppliers to resolve, reduce, or follow up on, corrective actions from purchased materials. Provide feedback on supplier performance.
- Develop package conformance verification process for Bottling.
- Reduce finished product losses.
- Implement “first-time right” for new/ revised packages.
- Ensure conformance to FSM standards.
- Develop and/or provide package export documentation.
- Manager experiments targeting package quality assurance.
- Develop and implement cost saving initiatives for packaging materials
- Ensure implementation comply with TTB requirements for label and cases.
- Reduce system non-conformances, rework and package losses.
About The River Group
- Education - Packaging Engineer degree is required
- Food/Beverage industry experience with glass bottles is strongly preferred
- Container quality - cans, PET, caps, corks, ROPP (Roll On Pilfer Proof)
- Food safety background
- Supervisory experience in leading teams using good communication skills
- Technical/functional skills
- Food Safety (HACCP)
- ISO 9001/22000 Quality Systems
- Quality Auditor Training
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Statistical Process Control
- Problem solving & trouble shooting
Salary USD 95,000 Year Career Level Required Experience Required Education Required Bachelor's Degree Job Type Employee Job Status Full Time Contact Information Phone : Fax : Email : email@example.com
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.