The Quality Assurance/Process Engineer plans, coordinates, and oversees critical aspects of the Quality Management System. Establish quality standards necessary to produce and deliver quality products and services. Create processes and procedures as needed to support production and development efforts at the Troy Facility. Develop, implement, and improve the manufacturing processes and equipment used in the manufacture of all products produced in the Troy Facility.
•Develop and maintain Critical To Quality system
•Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory standards
•Manage Discrepancy Report & Engineering Change System
•Perform statistical analysis of production process and report findings.
•May direct employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
•Assemble and certify documentation
•Evaluate current manufacturing processes for improvement in the areas of documentation, throughput, capability, repeatability, accuracy, and efficiency.
•Develop and implement processes where formal processes do not exist.
•Work closely with Design Engineering in the development of new products, and improvement of existing products, to achieve the highest quality, manufacturability, and cost effectiveness.
•Develop and implement the appropriate processes, equipment, fixtures, work cell layout, work instructions, and validation protocol.
•Work with Quality and Purchasing to improve purchase part quality and reliability.
•Participate and or lead major cost improvement programs for existing products
• The ideal candidate will have a four year college degree and three to five years related experience in regulated quality systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency with MS Office required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
• Ability to problem solve, compose reports, business correspondence and produce manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Skills should also include AutoCAD or Solidworks, as well as experience with all phases of (MRP systems documentation systems (BOM’s, routers, etc).
• Excellent personal skills in written and verbal communication.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color evaluations, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Chart Industries - 14 months ago