The QA Product Evaluator evaluates products and
documentation in his or her assigned category,
determining whether products conform to various ShopHQ
quality standards and comply with applicable laws and
regulations. The evaluator is responsible for
determining whether products meet established
conditions, accepting or rejecting products before they
ship to ShopHQ or its customers, documenting decisions,
and communicating those decisions to merchants, vendors,
quality control, and any other necessary business
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Sample evaluation and testing
o Determine whether products comply with applicable
quality guidelines, standards, and specifications
o Determine whether products comply with federal, state,
and local laws and regulations.
o Perform both basic functional testing and technical
testing of products, including using products per the
manufacturer’s instructions and evaluating
performance-related claims and technical testing. May
require consultation with experts in the field.
· Validate ShopHQ Descriptive Product Information
o Weights, dimensions, and other packaging attributes,
(i.e. Oracle and Attributes), following content and
style conventions and guidelines.
o Enter distribution attributes and controls
o Ensures all pertinent and required information is
· Determine the optimal “package code” for every item.
o Drop test on breakable samples to ensure that the
packaging is sufficient to withstand the rigors of
transportation and handling.
o Consider packaging cost versus the expected hazards
that a package will encounter, and the impact improper
packaging will have on customer satisfaction.
o Require or recommend packaging improvements.
· Evaluate all manufacturer’s packaging, literature,
inserts, claims substantiation, and basic testing
o Validate health, safety, or performance-related
product claims, per FTC and other requirements.
o Check for such elements as clarity, accuracy, content,
grammar, and spelling.
o Interface with the ShopHQ Legal Department regarding
claims and intellectual property rights (patents,
o Ensure that warranties conform to ShopHQ requirements.
o Recommend or require changes as necessary.
· Receive and evaluate Material Safety Data Sheets
(“MSDS”) for applicable products.
o Ensure that all hazardous materials are packaged and
o Perform additional testing on liquids to ensure that
packages will not leak in transit.
· Document all evaluation and testing results, including
taking digital images of samples.
· Clearly communicate to the vendors, buyers, and
Distribution Center QC whether a product has been
· Establish conditions that must be satisfied before
ShopHQ will accept any Purchase Order receipts.
· Create inspection packets for overseas inspections
containing product information, inspection criteria,
· Receive and review Inspection Reports.
· Follow up on excessive customer returns, negative
customer contacts and on-line product reviews, and
incoming receipt QC problems. Investigate root causes,
interact with vendors, buyers, and warehouse QC to
resolve problems and prevent their reoccurrence, and
implement corrective action.
· Other duties as assigned by manager
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in a
· Two+ years related experience in quality control or
quality assurance in a comparable environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Mechanical/electrical background is preferred
At ShopHQ we create the ultimate interactive shopping experience by uniting live TV, online and mobile shopping opportunities with social...