Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager addresses and monitors a wide variety of quality related activity to support production, processing and packaging quality goals and to assure product certification objectives are achieved in process, in packaging, and in post process handling of all product.
1. Supports and implements necessary Quality Assurance/HAACP program development for Del Monte's Mendota #112 and supports and trains production personnel in a wide variety of GMP and HAACP requirements, Q. A. related procedures (Fill/Net visual inspect ect.), Sanitation, and as needed.
2. Supports product grading to include plant audit, daily samples, and other sampling as required and supports necessary trouble shooting activity necessary to address unexpected quality concerns and to develop resolution options.
3. Issues and or reviews quality holds and supports subsequent follow up relative to Product Disposition processes and procedures. Directly supports all recall activities involving local products.
4. Directly involved in local and corporate product and facility quality certification audits to include cook records, and a variety of production packaging records, and facility sanitation and pest control. In addition serves as a contact with respect to FDA and State Food related inspections.
5. Serves as liaison to Corporate and Regional quality contacts as well as Technical Services contacts with respect to Quality Assurance issues.
6. Supports and maintains Quality Assurance related computer/software such as Fill/Net, Seam Test, QA records retention, etc.
7. Actively supports all corporate proprietary programs, takes the lead in Safety for assigned areas of responsibility, and provides support to facility environmental compliance programs.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field.
Years of Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in production.
Special Requirements: Effective Communications. General knowledge of Food Processing, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, thermal processing. Environmental,Organizational Management, Lean Manufacturing understanding a plus.
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
NO AGENCIES OR 3RD PARTY VENDORS
Big Heart Pet Brands - 2 years ago