Manages activities of quality control/quality assurance associates within a manufacturing facility. Develops, implements, and maintains quality systems, policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements. Monitors activities to ensure quality of products produced comply with customer requirements and federal, state, and local regulations. Ensures associates comply with company policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure safe, efficient operations and maintain positive working environment. Participates in continuous improvement activities.
Detailed Job Description
· Provides daily and strategic direction to Quality Systems personnel (hourly andexempt/supervisory) to ensure produced products meet quality standards provided by customer and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Communicates and applies company philosophy, policies, procedures, and expectations to assigned staff and ensures compliance.
· Develops, implements, and maintains quality systems manuals and related documentation. Develops and facilitates training of plant personnel and ensures compliance with quality processes.
· Partners with Sanitation to ensure coordination of activities to maintain food safety and quality.
· Obtains clear understanding of customer specifications and requirements for products. Completes required documentation and enters formulas/specifications into applicable systems.
· Develops and implements Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system, operational quality standards, batch sheets, and specification sheets for assigned facility.
· Manages quality control inspections, sampling, testing, and control of raw materials and during production to ensure compliance to standard requirements and customer specifications. Oversees customer, regulatory, and in-house audits to ensure compliance with quality systems and processes. Completes associated paperwork.
· Partners with customer on required information to assure quality of product. Responds to customer questions and inquiries regarding product safety and quality.
· Develops, implements, reviews, and maintains quality control systems and procedures, including technology system updates. Ensures associate compliance with system procedures.
· Monitors plant activities to ensure compliance with customer expectations for accuracy, quality, and timeliness. Develops and implements action plans to address quality concerns or improve operations to meet customer requirements.
· Ensures associates have proper access to necessary tools to perform assigned duties and that tools/equipment are routinely inspected and maintained. Trains associates in proper use of testing equipment.
· Provides daily guidance on safety, machine operation, sanitation, quality, customer service, and maintenance. Delivers associate orientation, training, performance reviews, and/or development as appropriate.
· Participates in customer trials of new products.
· Ensures compliance with food safety protocols, including (but not limited to) the following:
· Informing department members of responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action;
· Roles and responsibilities for food safety are documented and include coverage in case of absences of key personnel; and
· Food safety fundamentals and safety plans are reviewed when changes are made that may affect food safety.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field
· Three to five (3 to 5) years of experience in a manufacturing quality control/quality assurance environment, with particular preference for food manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical experience
· Six months to one year of customer service experience
· One to three years in a lead or supervisory role
· Working knowledge of food manufacturing processes, good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and related concepts.
· Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
· Considerable knowledge of food manufacturing regulatory requirements and HACCP systems.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
· Strong leadership skills
· Decision making skills
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to plan work schedules
· Ability to manage projects, budgets, and vendor/contractor/customer relationships
· Ability to interact with customer representatives
Exel - 2 years ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...