Working in this state of the art food manufacturing facility you will be responsible for supervising activities and coordinating programs within the Quality Assurance Department that will lead to the control and continuous improvement of products and processes.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the QA Manager in implementing, monitoring, and auditing On-Cor’s QA procedures, programs, and policies. This includes but is not limited to HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s, Corrective Actions, product evaluations, product weights, etc.
- Perform HACCP and GMP audits of the facility process.
- Coordinate the duties and training of the Quality Assurance staff with emphasis on continuous improvement of products and processes
- Supervise and train employees as needed (Safety, Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, etc.)
- Assist in the performance of special tests (Sensory Evaluations, Validation and Verification Studies, i.e. freezer, allergens) as required.
- Assist in preparation and actively participate in customer and 3 rd party Quality or Food Safety audits
- Support and represent the QA Department in meetings and seminars as necessary both inside and outside the company
- Properly handle, file, and store all necessary QA and production records
- Conduct other projects as requested by QA Manager or other Company Managers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- BS degree in Food Science, Food Tech, Biology, or related areas of study.
- Knowledge of microbiology, statistics, chemistry/biochemistry, math
- 1-3 years of QA experience in the food industry, with some supervisory, experience preferred.
- Background in HACCP, GMP, SPC, and GFSI programs.
- Experience with government regulations, USDA/FSIS
- Bilingual helpful, (English/Spanish)
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Must be available to work 2nd shift, and occasional weekends as required.
OSI Group - 19 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...