Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong portfolio of brands such as
. With over 35 years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the industry.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage.
In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative
. This key position will be based in our operations facilities (this may change depending on location i.e. operations, distribution etc.) in Opelika, Alabama.
Assures consistent high quality of products through inspection and product release. Additionally, assures the timely, accurate and thorough sampling, inspections and disposition of incoming materials and packaged product.
- Supervises, trains, and develops staff for physical inspection of production areas, components, labels, finished products and routine cGMP's as appropriate. Monitors productivity in functional areas.
- Monitors productivity in functional areas and coordinates work schedules and priorities to ensure timely inspection, sampling, and disposition.
- Oversees the review of product inspection reports and release for distribution.
- Generates and maintains SOP's and PSM's for inspection and Quality operations.
- Generates and dispositions MRBs and LIMs samples.
- Investigates and reports on customer complaints.
- Investigates and documents non-conformance issues. Determines root cause and implements corrective and preventative actions.
- Performs in-house audits.
- Compiles and distributes appropriate product documentation to customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a four year college degree or its equivalent.
Licenses or certifications are not required but are a plus.
Requires two to five years experience in quality assurance or related inspection activities preferably in a pharmaceutical or nutraceutical environment.
- Competent knowledge of GMP's, SOP's, document review, sampling plans and techniques.
- General knowledge of auditing is required. Computer literacy, as well as strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills are also required.
- Attention to detail is a must. Must also have proven supervisory skills.
General operations and warehousing environment. Ability to work weekends, as required.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is moderate.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The incumbent has direct supervisory responsibility for 8 to 15 employees.
Pharmavite LLC - 23 months ago