Is responsible for the execution and documentation of the corporate finished goods quality system, consumer complaint investigation programs, and assistance in providing QA services to a number of internal clients, principally for the US Quality Programs.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the
duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position
will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
1. Supplier Program Support:
• Assist with annual co-packer inspections with as required.
• Perform pre-shipment and receiving inspection program [US] and support grading activities and container integrity inspection for the QPMI program.
2. Consumer Affairs [US]:
• Perform critical consumer complaint investigations (complaints response, product information, reporting); provide training and support for consumer respondents in meeting the requirements of US regulations.
• Provide technical support to Consumer Affairs (complaints, information requests).
• Provide quarterly complaint reports to co-packers.
• Assist in responding to CAERS notices.
3. Customer, Marketing, Sales Support: [US]
• Assist in providing technical information to Marketing/Procurement/Sales/Customers as requested, and to suppliers/co packers as required. (e.g. Labeling claims, omega-3 claims, etc.).
• Assist in the maintenance of the nutrition/label database.
• Perform label reviews – ensure existing labels and new labels meet regulatory requirements, including nutrition information, allergens, ingredient declarations, etc.
• Provide nutrition information to support label claims.
• Provide technical information to support marketing claims.
• Provide advice on labels and documents for export markets.
• Websites – maintain accurate technical data (nutrition facts, claims, talking points) on all US websites: manage the maintenance of ICIX and product master, including customer specifications.
• Assist in maintaining supplier coding keys.
• Issue supplier ID codes to new suppliers.
• Maintain and update DMS for product specifications.
o Assist in developing and maintaining commercial product specifications to reflect brand appropriate quality standards.
• Assist in new product development by liaising with co-packers and providing support for the preparation and presentation of new product samples.
• Completing QA checklists, confirmation issues identified, coordinating with QA reps and other BB/CLS reps, documentation completed as per appropriate QP’s.
• Provide technical liaison with customer’s technical departments, including processing plant inspections by buyers. Respond to buyers technical inquiries.
4. Regulatory Affairs [US]
• Maintain working knowledge of applicable regulations and develop working relationship with key regulatory and industry personnel (e.g. FDA, USDA, NFI, GMA, etc.).
• Assists in ensuring new regulatory requirements are communicated and implemented as required.
5. Maintain Quality Policies on areas of responsibility and posting to DMS
6. Quarantine /Traceability [US]
• Execute and maintain product holds/ release programs.
• Provide traceability & recall support:
• Perform trace and holds/release recall related activities.
• RFR and GS1 postings.
• Perform Recall audits for all CBIF Facilities bi-annually.
7. Assists in providing the necessary training to department and functional units with what is needed to deliver high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
8. Perform other duties as requested.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Food technology or Food science preferred or related field.
• Experience: At least 2 years experience in related field. Knowledge of retort technology, canning technology, can defects and regulatory requirements; evaluation of heat penetration/heat distribution test data; product experience.
• Skills: Evaluating processing safety and sanitation standards of food processing operations; product grading.
About the Company
Bumble Bee Foods is the number one producer and marketer of canned albacore tuna, canned salmon, and specialty canned seafood products in the U.S. under the Bumble Bee brand. We are a passionate group of individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to continually innovate in order to satisfy our consumers’ need for affordable, convenient, healthful products that make their lives more enjoyable.
Bumble Bee Foods is a global company with eight locations around the world, including Headquarters in San Diego, California. Among the corporate values are a commitment to provide a motivational environment that exceeds expectations; strive to achieve high standards of personal and corporate performance; and a commitment to winning in today’s competitive market place.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com