Perform sampling, testing, and releasing of daily-received raw materials in a timely manner. Maintain raw material retain samples. Retest and release expired raw material in inventory quarterly or as often as it requires. Maintain raw material information and release database. Establish and maintain raw material specifications. Report and maintain RM release records. Tasks are to be completed while maintaining the highest safety, quality, cost and GMP standards in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Location: California (Los Angeles)
1. Perform raw material testing and release – ensuring materials are tested and meet established requirements prior to release for use. If proper documentation is missing, inform purchasing.
2. Maintain the raw material specifications and ask Supervisor to update upon changes or create a specification for new materials.
3. Maintain the raw material retain samples and standards.
4. Monitor and maintain raw material database, including specifications, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), hazardous status, etc. records are being maintained properly.
5. Monitor and verify calibration of equipment is used to test or inspect materials; any equipment issue must be reported to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
6. Initiate and investigate the non-conforming materials if necessary.
7. Retesting and release of expired raw materials.
8. In-process product testing & release as required.
9. Drive continuous quality and process improvement, through the development of best practice. When directed, audit SOP’s for compliance, constancy and relevance, incorporating best practices and comply with following company GMPs.
10. Support Supplier Qualification Program as required.
11. Prepare annual storm water testing samples for outside lab and records results into the forms.
12. Perform testing and maintenance of DI Water system.
13. Other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor or management team. Work with minimal supervision; must be responsible and able to timely initiate appropriate work activities
14. Assist the head of Quality Department to ensure quality records meet FDA and ISO 9001-2000 requirements.
2 years minimum
1. College degree in live science, biology, chemistry, engineering or any related field.
2. Must have chemical property knowledge.
3. At least two years experience in manufacturing of FDA regulated products.
4. Knowledge of CGMP in food, pharmaceutical, or cosmetic products.
5. Knowledge of sampling and measurement quality tools.
6. Good oral and written communication skills; speak and write English.
7. Basic mathematics skills.
8. Knowledge of ISO 9001 preferred.
9. Knowledge of using measurement tools and equipment.
10. Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal/external clients.
11. Ability to work in a team environment, prioritize and multi task.
12. Excellent organizational skills and strong computer experience.
13. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
14. Must be detail oriented and willing to learn new procedures.
15. Able to work any shift, and overtime as required.
16. Good problem solving and experience with cosmetic industry manufacturing process and batch preparation.
17. Basic knowledge of GMP procedures, record keeping and the ability to write procedures as needed.
18. Ability to perform product hold investigation and reporting, writing reports regarding quality issues, with an emphasis on detailed root cause analysis.
19. Takes initiative to champion quality improvement ideas.
20. Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the company.
21. Ability to accept new ideas and implement change in processes and procedures as needed.
If you meet the above qualifications you may submit your resume with salary history by clicking on the “Submit Your Resume” link below. No phone calls, please.
Hain Celestial Group
- 23 months ago - save job