We have an immediate opening for a QA Technician at our Commerce location which specializes in Compounded Beverage and Sweet Flavors.
The QA technician is a key person who fulfills the quality and food safety role in support of Production.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Perform sensory, physical, chemical, and / or instrument evaluation of raw materials, work in process, or finished products following GLPs.
• Expedite evaluation process, perform final disposition, and provide information to production.
• Develop and maintain raw material and finished product specifications.
• Troubleshoot quality problems in production.
• Compound samples for projects as required.
• Participate in the development of special processes to improve quality.
• Generate data for TDS.
• Participate in organoleptic panels, with ability to detect differences between samples.
• Maintain laboratory data, files, supplies, and calibrate equipment on a regular schedule as well as maintaining databases.
• Work on the corrective actions of any customer complaints / issues.
• Follows all quality, safety, and company protocols & procedures.
• Other duties and Special projects assigned by Manager as needed.
The above listed duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.
• Associates Degree in an applied science (preferred but not required)
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a laboratory environment (food or ingredient industry).
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Take initiative and proactive attitude.
• Multi tasking is critical to this position.
• The ability to communicate clearly in English.
• Ability to use and maintain lab equipment and computer skills.
• Must be able to be exposed to and perform sensory evaluation on a variety of flavor and fragrance products, essential oils and raw materials.
• Must be physically capable of wearing full face respiratory mask.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kerry - 11 months ago