Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the installation of all aspects of wireless cell site foundations, grounding and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Build wireless steelwork; assemble for antenna hook up.
- Adjust antenna direction and degree angle shooting
- Connect jumpers and running cables, connecting these and ground work to units.
- Ground steel, weatherproofing, cable grounds, unit assembly
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assist in tower erection using helicopters, cranes and gin poles
- Assist in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self support and guyed towers
- Assist in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15 foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assist in the transmission line and installation of foam or air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical wave-guides
- Must adhere to and have an understanding of company policy and procedures
- Direct responsibility for tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site.
- Work independently at given tasks
- Ensure safety at all times; including Fall Safety procedures
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nexlink Global Services, a UniTek Global Services Company, is a leading provider of installation, construction and site acquisition services to the wireless industry. Our customers include wireless, wireline, fiber, and cable providers. With 16 years experience, 25 office locations across the United States and a workforce of over 1000 qualified professionals, Nexlink is a “preferred” vendor to a wide array of telecom firms.
- Tower climbing safety and rescue
- Building and installing antenna mounts
- Running and dressing coaxial cables
- Grounding, mechanical and exothermic
- Making coaxial cable terminations
- Antenna installation
- Weather sealing
- Installing cable tray and coaxial support
- Rigging techniques
- Perform plumb and tension technique
- 2-4 years experience in the telecommunications/wireless industry
- Must be willing to travel for periods of time
- Previous experience in A&L wireless cell tower construction, including: tower climbing, repelling, sweep testing, ginpole use, stacking monopoles, erecting towers and other aspects
- Previous experience running conduit, digging trenches, installing ground rings
- General site construction and minor electrical experience
- Working knowledge of Fall Protection practice and procedures and tower life saving techniques
- Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue Certification is strongly preferred
- Successful completion of safety in rigging coursework preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Nexlink Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Nexlink Global Services - 2 years ago