Playa Vista, CA
Web Development Technical Project Manager
The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for ensuring Tom’s web sites and solutions are of the highest quality in terms of functionality, usability, and reliability. The Quality Assurance Tester will have the responsibility for ensuring all web-based application are defect free by being involved from the Define to Deployment Phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) .
- Develop in-depth, comprehensive test cases to exercise the full complement of functionality available in Tom’s E-Commerce suite of web sites and internal applications.
- Perform test execution that exercises database impacts (grey box testing), regression testing, negative testing, usability test cases (black box testing), and component testing against web services and APIs (component testing).
- Participate in requirements review and provide feedback and recommendations to developers and product managers on software usability and functionality
- Maintain and contribute to the automated test scripts to ensure currency
- Assist Team in the enforcement of and optimization of the established Quality Processes and procedures across the entire E-Commerce Department
- Minimum of 5 years of software quality assurance experience, preferably with web applications in the software development or E-Commerce industry
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to perform complex SQL queries, sub queries, and joins
- Ability to maintain and measure defect metrics to report to management
- Strong Understanding of requirements-based and risk-based testing and software development life cycles
- Extensive experience working in a development environment that follows both Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies
- Working knowledge of UNIX shell commands
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 years of Software Quality Assurance experience
TOMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TOMS Shoes - 10 months ago