Come be part of our Winning Team!!! We have a client that is one of the fastest growing companies in Washington in need of a Web Application Tester.
Develops testing procedures and documentation for websites and web applications created within the Research & Development department. This includes but is not limited to writing and executing testing procedures, as well as assisting in determining a standard for the work-flow of projects from initial development through bug testing, deployment, and verification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
· Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
· Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases, and manual tests.
· Conducts tests and inspections of websites and web applications to evaluate quality or performance.
· Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs and other test findings/results.
· Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
· Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
· Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Technical certification in a computer or web related field; or, equivalent work experience.
· 1-2 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
· Working knowledge of web design and web programming preferred.
· Demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
· Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
· Ability to manage one's own time and work effectively with other team members.
* Japanese language skills- good to have.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from fellow teams and managers.
Key Attributes :
1) Attention to detail
2) Clear and professional communication
3) Ability to prioritize and use good judgment in time use/allocation
4) Potential for leadership (encouragement, teaching, takes initiative)
Duration: 4 Months (Temp to Permanent if all goes well) Client has great benefits!
Rate: $15-$18 per hour