Role Summary/Key Objectives
The TSG QA &Testing Director will be responsible for the successful delivery of all testing within the TSG. The Test Director will be accountable for the operational and strategic leadership to drive improvements in the quality of delivery, increase in the flexibility of testing schedules and reduction in testing costs. The role will be tightly aligned to the Testing Competency Center (TCC) and will be accountable to the TCC Lead for ensuring the TSG’s and ASG’s alignment with the implementation of the strategic testing roadmap.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Responsible for defining the testing strategy for the TSG roadmap, including defining the testing strategy for the configurable platforms being implemented (to address the testing of the platform and the testing of the configuration and configuration changes). During the testing phases of the program this person will be managing the program (ie the test execution and the prioritization and delivery of defect fixes).
- Direct accountability for all dedicated testing resources within the TSG, including strategic partners with offshore testing resources.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for leveraging offshore partnerships in the testing function.
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of all testing activities required to support the TSG’s delivery of end-to-end functionality into the production environment.
- Provide leadership for the successful definition of test strategies and test execution for enterprise programs and projects owned and driven by the TSG. This includes coordinating testing across other TSGs that are contributing to these programs and projects.
- Ensure both operational and strategic implementation in alignment with TCC Roadmap of test data management, defect management, testing tools, automation, regression, metrics, processes, estimation and test environment usage and governance within the TSG.
- Contribute as member of the TSG leadership team to development and delivery of the TSG business strategy.
- Ensure alignment and understanding of interdependencies of test strategies, plans and execution between TSG IT functionality testing and configuration testing completed by the business.
- Ensure alignment of testing procedures, processes and schedules with all areas within TSG accounting for multiple SDLC methodologies (ie Agile, Waterfall).
- Drive implementation and maintenance of robust test metrics that provide clear understanding of progress as well as drive continuous improvement throughout SDLC.
- Responsible for proactive alignment of the testing capabilities with the 3-5 year business and technical roadmaps of the TSG.
- Participate as a member of the extended TCC leadership team and contribute testing thought leadership to the maintenance, enhancement and implementation of the 1-5 year view of the Test Competency Center Roadmap.
- Accountable for organizational financials and management of forecast accuracy against full year actual spend.
- Provide career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication for direct reports.
- Ability to direct a team and provide leadership to the coordination across teams to gather and synthesize inputs into a comprehensive testing strategy that aligns with the scope of large scale strategic projects in and highly integrated application portfolio.
- Ability to understand test execution status and issues in order to provide guidance to the testing activities as well as ensure that project and TSG partners have the correct context to understand status and issues. Must pay attention to details during the testing phase of large, critical deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management, written and oral communications along with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Ability to navigate highly matrixed organization effectively.
- 10-15 years of years of experience in IT delivery.
- Experienced in multiple testing methodologies.
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable.
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....