Pharmavite is a leading and growing US manufacturer, marketer, and retailer of quality vitamins, mineral and herbal supplements both domestically and internationally with a strong portfolio of brands such as
. With over 42 years as a major force in the nutritional supplement business, Pharmavite was built on the premise of producing the highest quality nutritional products in the country and operates one of the most sophisticated, state-of-the art research and development facilities in the industry.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package featuring medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, employees enjoy educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, and 11 paid holidays per year.
We currently are seeking a talented
QC Information Specialist
. This key position will be based in our operation facilities in San Fernando, CA (So. CA).
Responsible for maintaining all Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) functions to support laboratory operations.
- Assists in the maintenance of LIMS. Also participates in system upgrades, validations, and verifications as required.
- Establishes, installs and enters raw material tests into the database. Also enters finished goods tests and packaging component tests into the database. Troubleshoots issues with data entry and acts as a helpdesk for the various quality groups that use LIMS.
- Trains QC/QA staff on proper use of data base to enter and retrieve data.
- Creates reports and queries to search database as required.
- Communicates with Information Systems or vendor to resolve problems and report inconsistencies in the program. Suggests system enhancements as needed.
- Removes obsolete data and updates changes to the database in order to maintain efficiency.
- Serves as a back-up to the LIMS Administrator in the event of vacation or absence.
- Assists in diagnosing minor hardware and software problems and provides technical support to users in services, installations and training as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A four year college or university degree or its equivalent in computer, physical, chemical or biological science is required.
Familiarity with computer programming and databases is preferred. Previous experience in a Quality environment is a plus.
- Understanding of routine work flow in a Quality laboratory environment.
- Competent knowledge of limits of variability for Quality testing and of GMPs and SOPs for a Quality department.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Office type jobs and conditions. Attention at frequent intervals, some eye-strain. At times repetitive. Ability to move about an office or laboratory.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.