Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Quality Control Inspector II
What you'll do:
- Inspect incoming mechanical production material or articles for conformance to purchasing order requirements, engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications: process standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, Vision Systems, optical comparators, etc.
- Perform incoming inspection of product for procured mechanical or electrical components.
- Monitor for conformance to design or test specifications. Accept or reject material or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Refer unusual inspection problems.
- Establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints, MIL-specs, screening specs.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software, drawings, paperwork, or process.
- Prepare and maintain inspection records.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and the Company.
- Interact with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of related experience or 2 years of technical school.
- Have a basic to moderate level of competency in the area of mechanical inspection.
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree, i.e. Associate’s degree, may substitute for two years of experience.
- Two years of experience may be substituted for each year of education.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
AERO: Direct Program Charge:
Direct Program Charge: 95%
Ball Aerospace - 18 months ago