This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a division-wide, ISO compliant program, to assure that all products manufactured meet customer and company specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Business systems will mirror and comply with the company’s objectives, external regulations and guidelines as well as customer contracts, specifications and general quality requirements. This is accountable to ensure all the Quality Assurance Systems are fully implemented and monitored and the Quality Control Procedure and Practice are standardized and followed. This role is responsible for the ongoing analytical assessment of all materials, certification of their performance to customers, management of the ISO9001 program and related Quality Control program and staff.
This role is the Quality expert for the location. Hence, is responsible for staffing and training of personnel in QA/QC.
· Ensures that product quality is maintained through application of analytical test protocols on constituent materials.
· Leads the process of inspection of products to proactively disposition product to ensure qualified materials are available to production.
· Ensure plans, programs and analytical chemistry capabilities are linked with and support the overall objectives of the Quality organization.
· Identifies and reports qualify problems or trends based on SPC data
· Recommends or implements the appropriate corrective action to quality problems, with the aid of Manufacturing, Engineering, Product Development, Purchasing, etc.
· Apply problem solving techniques (8D, 5-Why, FMEA, GR&R, etc.) and advanced statistical methods
· Reviews all documentation related to product quality, such as test procedures and operation sheets, and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality
· Generates or implements defect-reduction activities
· Serves as the divisions ISO9001 management representative and drives the continuous evolution of the quality management system.
· Writes necessary quality plans, procedures, work instructions and related quality system documentation
· Is the liaison with R&D for new produced implementation, current modifications and analytical procedure and equipment developments
· BS in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
· Ten years experience leading the QA/QC function in a laboratory environment is required.
· Specific expertise in the following analytical instruments is required: GCMS, PYMS, NMR, FTIR.
· Domain knowledge in analytical chemistry areas along with specific expertise in acrylics, solvent and water based coating systems is desirable.
· Knowledge of ISO9001 and related specifications.
· Specific skills developing and executing DOE’s with strong analytical/SPC background required.
· Familiarity with Minitab is desirable.
On Assignment - 17 months ago