Koinonia Homes, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: QDDP
(Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional)
Reports directly to the Residential Manager.
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
CORE COMPETENCIES: Effective Communication,
Accountability, Problem Solving, Service Excellence,
Teamwork, Integrity, Technological Proficiency,
Attention to Detail, Interpersonal Skills & Commitment.
The QDDP is responsible for the overall program
coordination within each home assigned. Will develop and
implement Individual Plans (IP’s) that promote
self-determination, development and independence of
those we serve. Ensures all systems and practices are
followed routinely which meet the requirements of all
regulatory agencies. Assists staff in performing all
responsibilities related to the individual’s program
services plan. Jointly responsible with the Residential
Supervisor to ensure effective management of the group
Although not specifically stated with each position
responsibility listed below, the QDDP must approach each
responsibility as though each specifically includes the
following agency values and expectations.
· All people will be treated with dignity and respect.
· Programs and services will be developed which embrace
and are consistent with person-centered services.
· Work quality will be evaluated based upon outcomes and
results in the lives of consumers.
· Staff closest to the consumer must be developed and
supported so that excellence in services is provided.
· Ownership of work, words, and behavior is expected at
all levels. Accountability and ethical behavior is
· Decisions and practices must be consistent with agency
budget and philosophy.
· Koinonia recognizes the value of effective teamwork.
Effective teams will be coached and encouraged in all
· All work will be performed in compliance with all
applicable regulatory agencies and the Koinonia Homes,
Inc. policy and procedure manual, Employee Handbook.
1. In coordination with the Core Team (Nurse, QDDP and
Residential Supervisor) supervises the Direct Support
Professionals regarding I.P., skill building and
behavioral supports program services.
2. Participates in recruiting, orientation, and training
of the Direct Support Professional (DSP).
3. Develops comprehensive I.P. through team process to
meet the individual needs of those individuals served.
4. Monitors each individual’s active treatment program
and the various professional interventions per I.P.
goals and objectives.
5. Trains staff regarding the professional inventions
for skill building, active treatment, behavioral
supports and I.P. implementation.
6. Evaluates staff regarding professional inventions
utilized in skill building, active treatment, behavioral
supports and I.P. implementation. Participates in the
quarterly evaluation process with the Core Team.
7. Applies the Right Time Right Place concept with the
Core Team in order to provide adequate presence,
support, interaction and training of staff to address
8. Assumes on-call responsibility according to agency
practices and expectations. Performs on-call
duties with the understanding that these duties are a
necessary and important support function.
9. Facilitates, participates and oversee the process of
individual admissions, discharges and service
substitutions with their cluster.
10. Coordinates, monitors, and ensures all aspects of
individual’s program plan and I.P. are implemented and
11. Participates in the development and implementation
of the behavior support programs in conjunction with the
behavior support committee.
12. Advocates for individual rights and needs.
13. Possesses current working knowledge of, and complies
with all regulatory compliance agencies.
14. Communicates with all persons involved in the
15. Participates in management responsibilities.
16. Complies with all Agency’s policies and procedures
(i.e. Policies/Procedure Manual, Employee Handbook, and
17. Pursues continuous learning and professional
18. Participates in MUI process.
19. Assumes QDDP responsibilities in the absence of
QDDP’s within cluster.
20. Participates in survey and inspection preparation
with attention to compliance with expectations on a
daily, ongoing basis. Submits plan of correction for
21. Performs other related duties as required.
· BA/BS in related field
· Demonstrated ability for self-direction in work
· Ability to apply multi-disciplinary treatment
concepts, practices, and theories in creative ways to
· At least one years experience in IDD service system
· Valid Ohio Driver’s License; no more than 2 moving
· Must have vehicle liability insurance