University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC is dedicated to expanding access to high-quality maternal, newborn and child health services, preventing and reducing infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; and improving family planning and reproductive health education.
Established in 1965, our work spans over 30 countries around the globe. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is URC’s flagship project in quality improvement.
ASSIST is managed by URC’s Quality and Performance Institute, (QPI), which has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for the Quality and Performance Institute and collaborating closely with the executive management team, the QPI Business Development Manager will participation and support for URC’s fundraising programs and special events while managing a fulfilling and challenging work environment. The successful candidate will network with potential clients and market to existing clients and collaborative organizations, with the primary goal of expanding QPI’s program operations globally and identifying new business initiatives. Responsibilities will include, among other duties as assigned the following:
· Advise and Assist the Senior Vice President for the Quality and Performance Institute in the development of an division fundraising strategy, plan and budget – including effective strategies for raising funds,
· Assist the Senior Vice President for the Quality and Performance Institute in identifying new corporate sponsors and maximizing fund development opportunities through various business development techniques including cold-calling, following up on warm leads and attending networking events, planning outreach campaigns to clients and cooperating organizations,
· Actively participate in the execution and management of QPI’s private fundraising programs including the ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple events/programs at the same time,
· Maintain existing relationships by ensuring effective public relations and communication with existing donors,
· Contribute to the development of proposals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, writing extensively on various global public health and international topics, in collaboration with QPI staff,
· Coordinate development activities with the Business Development Unit, QPI’s,
· Effectively engage donors of all levels, recognizing and championing URC’s values and potential,
· Coordinate with URC’s Communications department targeted initiatives to disseminate QPI’s accomplishments,
· Interact with the field offices and cultivate relationships through various business development techniques.
Required Experience & Qualifications
You must be eligible to work full-time in the United States for an indefinite period without the need for visa sponsorship.
· Graduate degree in international Public health (MPH or MHS), International business, Public policy, or related discipline. Background in global public health preferred,
· At least 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in international development or global health environments in areas that would include marketing, operations, proposal-writing, pricing and project management. Field experience preferred,
· Demonstrated sales and business development experience,
- Exceptional research and writing skills. Writing samples will be requested.
· Fluency in English required . Proficiency in other language is highly desired,
· Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills,
· Experience in leveraging existing business while continually generating new business,
· Strong knowledge of the USAID proposal process, as well as other federal government proposal processes, and/or international donor agencies required .
· Professional, confident and driven work style with a competitive spirit,
· Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standard,
· Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule.