An innovative and dynamic IT company is seeking an experienced Test Automation Engineer (QTP) who can develop and implement a program strategy for automated testing and test suites required for web applications.
- Setup, configure, and maintain the automated testing environments and framework using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Develop optimized QTP scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files.
- Expert in HP Quality Center (QC) with 5+ years of experience.
- Expert in HP Quick Test Pro (QTP) with 5+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in test automation framework design and development.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with VB Script.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment is desired.
- Experience in Section 508 validation is a plus.
- Experience in Performance/Stress testing is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or educational/experience equivalent.
- QTP Certification.
- 7+ years previous QA experience.
- 7+ years using automated testing tools.
- Enhance the QTP test scripts with VB scripts and develop user-defined functions for frequent reuse.
- Mentor and coach other members of the software quality team, along with assisting in the training of members.
- Must be able to automate scripts with minimal direction and should be able to work independently.
- Must be able to provide insight and metrics on value and progress of Automation Team and automated testing, based on work.
- Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practices with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy, test cases, and test scripts.
- Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
- Strong understanding of basic SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition issues.