Will comply with directives as set forth by the Supervisor of Quality Assurance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal audit processes and procedures for all SWA maintenance programs to insure complete and accurate documentation of maintenance in compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of audit processes and procedures for vendor surveillance to ensure SWA aircraft components are repaired/overhauled in compliance with SWA procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of audit processes and procedures for Internal Departments to insure compliance with SWA procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of audit processes for parts suppliers/distributors, to insure only approved parts are supplied for SWA Aircraft.
- Maintain station, vendor and internal audit files and records within the Quality Assurance Department.
- Perform audits of the maintenance program and contract agencies to insure compliance with SWA procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High school graduate.
- College work or degree preferred.
- Must be familiar with the concepts and processes for quality auditing.
- Must be familiar with Root cause analysis and risk analysis.
- An extensive background in air carrier maintenance environment.
- Requires 2 years quality assurance audit experience.
- Requires familiarization with EPA and OSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Requires the ability to analyze and comprehend technical reports, instructions and maintenance documents.
- Requires an understanding of quality systems.
- Requires good computer skills and the ability to resolve problems.
- Requires the ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public and work under stressful situations, and be able to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, by telephone, and face to face.
Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required.
Requires extensive travel of up to 50% and the ability to access all industry environments, including restricted areas requiring climbing, bending, kneeling, and stooping. Limited exposure to the fumes of fumes, oils, and chemicals.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Southwest Airlines Co. (Southwest) is a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. As of December...