QUALITY CONTROL ASSISTANT CHEMIST|
- Under the direction of the Quality Control Senior Chemist or Quality Control Technical Manager, this position will include, but is not limited to the following activities:
- The process control of the operation; from production materials to finished product, as well as by-products, effluents and emissions.
- Ensure proper and relevant sampling occurs.
- Execution of laboratory tests and equipment calibration that gauge and support the operation.
- Upholding defined testing, product quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Function as an information source to all company departments
- Provide accurate inventory of the lab materials and measurements in related areas.
- Responsible for the final product determination.
- Audit quality and sanitation practices and policies to ensure they are effectively in place. These include HACCP, pest control, chemical programs (managed by him/her), master sanitation schedules, self-audits, Health Department, FDA, AIB and BRC audits, GMP adherence, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Effective management of the Laboratory functions in the region.
- Effective management of the human resources of the regional department including periodic evaluation, disciplinary actions, etc. in compliance with the labor contract, company policies and federal and state regulations.
- Coordination of resources towards company goals and objectives of Safety, Quality, Business Ethics, and Costs.
- Effectively plan, schedule, and coordinate all lab personnel to ensure optimal coverage in sync with operation needs.
- Champion-within the department- the safety program and cooperate with the plant staff to continually improve the safety of the overall operation of the location. Manages the First Aid program of the sites and keeps control of the incident recording in the corresponding directory.
- Adherence to management directives and providing relevant feedback.
- Timely documentation processing for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and auditing.
- Maintenance and processing relevant requirements of all environmental permits at the factory level.
- Reports to Quality Control SR Chemist or Technical Manager. In the absence of the immediate supervisor, this position is responsible for all laboratory and quality functions in the area.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills resulting in the development of reports, training and presentations.
- Strong analytical chemistry and math aptitude, including statistical skills.
- Full understanding of standard laboratory methods and testing practices.
- Ability to multi-task effectively with the realization that versatility is required to focus on numerous tasks.
- Strong computer aptitude, including generation and proficiency of:
- Excel ,Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, LIMS, SAP
- Leadership, organizational, training and presentation skills.
- Personal Mobility to cover for similar positions at other facilities.
- Requires a valid drivers license.
- Experience in working with 3rd party audit companies a plus.
Required to have, at a minimum, a Bachelors of Science
Work environment involves working in laboratory setting, around moving machines in production and storage facilities with temperature extremes, including outdoors, and handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. Physical demands include lifting of moderately heavy items, walking and climbing.
This position requires some driving throughout the company facilities.
Applicants considered for this position are required to have the disposition necessary to establish a career path within the organization.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago