Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an opening for a Quality Control Inspection Technician at its new manufacturing facility in Palmetto, Florida (Port Manatee/Manatee County).
This position is responsible for the safe testing and inspection of all products manufactured at the site in accordance with policies and procedures, manufacturing methods, and the ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System. The QC Technician must be capable of using a combination of standards, codes, procedures and experience in planning, solving problems and making decisions applicable to manufacturing issues related to the fabrication of large, complex, engineered to order pressure vessels and piping systems. This position ensures adherence to the ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System to assure customers of consistent compliance to requirements and complete customer satisfaction.
Principal responsibilities of this position include:
1. Performs fundamental in process inspection and testing to verify process control, equipment capability, and product integrity. Inspects machinery, equipment, and assembly operations on a periodic or sampling basis. The technician develops inspection results on reports, check sheets or other records.
2. Responsible for the performance of quality control inspections related to the fabrication of large welded pressure vessels and their internal components. Inspection techniques include but are not limited to visual, dimensional, dye penetrant, x-ray radiography, conventional ultrasonics, automated ultrasonics including phased array and TOFD techniques, visual weld inspection, pneumatic pressure testing, and magnetic partial inspection.
3. Responsible for planning inspection techniques, locating inspection points, determining sample sizes, applying gauging principles and producing Inspection & test Plans and Inspection records.
4. Performs goods receiving inspection and certification review of purchased items. (Experience with SAP would be a plus but not necessary)
5. The incumbent could have responsibility for the Gage Control, inventory, replacement program, measurement capability, accuracy, calibration, frequencies, and traceability.
6. Assist the Inspection Supervisor in assigning and training inspection, test and other personnel.
7. Participates in Continuous Improvement activities aimed at improving the facilities production and QC efficiencies.
- High School Diploma or better
- 5 years of manufacturing experience (welding and fabrication is a plus)
- Quality Control or NDT Certifications are a plus (AWS CWI would be a plus, but not required)
- Knowledge and experience in any or all of the following is also required: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, NDT, Metrology, Welding & Fabrication Processes and Shop Inspection Methods
Air Products is a sponsor of Skills USA and participants are encouraged to apply.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #12170BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...