Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an opening for a Quality Control Supervisor at its new manufacturing facility in Palmetto, Florida (Port Manatee/Manatee County).
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a Quality Control system at the manufacturing plant in accordance with the applicable codes and regulations, along with the policies and goals provided by management. The principal objective is to organize and direct the inspection of air separation, natural gas liquefaction, cryogenic liquid storage and transportation equipment manufactured by the site. The incumbent must ensure that in-process manufacturing techniques and finished products reflect a quality of workmanship in keeping with Air Products standards.
Principal responsibilities of this position include:
1. Achieve manufacturing quality objectives through effective organization and direction of the Inspection Department.
2. Attain inspection efficiency and cost reduction by effectively reviewing and directing the activities of the inspection and test personnel in the areas of inspection methods, non-destructive testing and training.
3. Assure customer satisfaction by clearly establishing needs and effectively translating these needs into inspection methodology and procedures.
4. Ensure that all required qualifications and certifications of non-destructive test personnel are kept current.
5. Coordinate with manufacturing management to reduce total manufacturing costs by pre-planning and interfacing the quality effort with the manufacturing process.
6. Advise manufacturing management of quality problems and take corrective action.
- At least two years of Quality Control schooling with a certificate of completion or the equivalent of a two year college engineering curriculum
- A certificate of completion is also required in a) Isotopes for Industrial Radiography b) Non-destructive testing
- At least 15 years of manufacturing inspection supervisory experience is required with a broad knowledge of welding, fitting, design, testing, inspection procedures, non-destructive testing, etc.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2012, Air Products had sales approaching $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #12169BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a leading industrial gases company. For nearly 75 years, the company has provided atmospheric, process and...