Main Function: Coordinates the quality improvement monitoring and evaluation functions for identified departments and areas at Thompson Health System
Required Job Specific Competencies: Demonstrates skill in the coordination of medical staff peer review for identified departments, coordination of professional practice evaluations and focused studies for identified departments, coordination of clinical quality, safety and service excellence committee work elements for identified departments, coordination of any NYS DOH NYPORTS identified in assigned areas, coordination of NYS Stroke, CMS and Joint Commission Quality Measure Reporting.
Lives the CARES values at all times.
•Required Registered Nurse with 5-10 years’ experience including knowledge of quality and safety processes
•Preferred certification in healthcare quality or willing to obtain within 3 years of employment
•Preferred lean six sigma or TeamSTEPPS training or willingness to obtain within 3 years of employment
•Required Registered Nurse
•Preferred previous leadership/management experience in acute care settings
•Computer skills with statistical knowledge , experience in quality management
•Preferred previous medical chart reviews and interpretation of care standards
•Preferred leadership in quality management
Complexity of Duties:
• It is critical that the candidate be able to foster collaborative relationships with all members of the healthcare team. He/she must also be tactful in all settings, self-motivated and generally knowledgeable of regulatory requirements
• Wide variety of duties involving general knowledge of regulatory standards, organization policies and procedures within scope of responsibilities, and the ability to apply to outcomes.
• Duties require considerable judgment to work independently devising new methods, modifying or adapting standard procedures to meet new conditions, making decisions guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies.
• Detail oriented with a basic knowledge of peer review process to perform coordinating role in several Medical Staff committees
• This position will have an active role in training Associates for continuous JCAHO readiness. Requiring a high degree of resourcefulness.
• The ability to coordinate data collection efforts for stroke and CM data to move towards a concurrent practice requires a high degree of creativity.
• Utilizes evidence based practices to sustain improvement efforts on disease management for identified Core Measures
• Ability to perform statistical analysis, assist to compile annual reports, and knowledge of data for Core Measures.
• Collaboratively provides organizational readiness for TJC/DOH/CMS requirements
Thompson Health - 19 months ago