Gardner Cryogenics, a division of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Quality Technician at its facility located in Bethlehem, Pa.
This position reports to and works under the direction of the Quality Manager. This position is responsible for verification, control and accountability of all manufacturing documentation released to and returned from manufacturing. Works directly with Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing to capture, disposition, record and subsequent follow up of sustainability of corrective actions on any non-conformances. Participates in and/or performs root cause analysis. Produces metrics to identify areas requiring improvements and provides recommendations. Manage the calibration and PM processes. May perform internal audits and other duties as assigned. Works/interacts with a variety of professionals throughout the organization. Some overtime is required for this position. The position requires adherence to established processes, policies and procedures. Person must be able to work in a fast paced team environment.
1. Develops and maintains KPI metrics
2. Performs inspections
3. Administration of Quality Databases e.g. Calibration, non-conformance Variation etc. including coordinating with suppliers to resolve non-conformances.
4. Assists with all aspects ISO 9001:2008
5. Manages calibration and PM processes.
6. Write purchase requisitions for quality department.
7. Maintain material certifications, material test reports and other quality documentation as required by Quality department.
8. Assist Quality Manager with Internal and External audits.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience in a high tech. manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, 5S, 6 Sigma, statistical process control, inspection techniques, ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics, and computer experience in MS Excel, MS Word. Functional knowledge of SAP desired.
- Strong organizational, communication, multi-tasking and critical thinking skills required
- ASQ certifications or other quality certifications a plus
- Computer skills, basic math skills, organizational and interpersonal skills
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10889BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 7 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 yea...