QUI Data and Operations Analyst
Job ID: : 26083
Department: : Health Plan QUI
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday - Friday 8-5
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an opportunity for a Data and Operations Analyst in our Quality and Utilization Improvement Department. This position is responsible for the development and support of moderate to complex reports that monitor key departmental outcomes and operational processes and assures the ability to report routine and ad hoc measurements as requested by departmental leadership. This position is also responsible for working collaboratively with IS&T on projects involving planning and designing data extraction, data layouts and presentation of information. With knowledge of our medical management business, combined with an understanding of the data and reporting structures available, the person in this position ensures that data is reported consistently and accurately. This position also supports the Credentialing Service Bureau including applications, reports, collaboration with several external entities and end user support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare or related field or equivalent in college courses and job experience.
- One year experience developing reports in Crystal Reports and Business Objects.
- Two years experience working within complex databases to extract data, identify trends, provide analysis and recommendations or make decisions as a result of analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in using Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with supporting hardware and software systems including end user support.
- Ability to interact and maintain relationships with medical and non-medical users in a customer service/liaison role.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft Access databases preferred
- Previous experience in a managed care, healthcare setting or medical management program preferred
1) Reports and Data Analysis:
a) Develop, revise and maintain essential reports, databases and deliverables in order to produce routine and ad hoc reports and ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to Medical Management leadership. Reports focus on key departmental indicators and operational processes including: QUI programs and initiatives, key process indicators, Utilization Management data, staff productivity, vendor reporting, member eligibility verification, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
2) Develop processes for analysis of system data for accuracy. Follow policies and procedures to maintain accuracy of utilization data. Proactively identify and address data quality issues when they arise. Suggest alternative reporting strategies as appropriate.
a) Maintain a working knowledge of essential databases and applications, including key definitions, element names, relational structure as well as significant caveats and coding systems.
b) Provide appropriate written and verbal communication to team members, manager and customers regarding project status, issue identification and resolution.
c) Provide data to support the ROI and RFI requirements of the department.
3) System Support:
a) Handle software and hardware troubleshooting, interact with IS and hardware/software vendors as appropriate.
b) Provide user support as needed for hardware and software issues.
c) Participate in testing and assist with new software releases/upgrades.
d) Maintain accurate inventory of hardware and software. Assist with defining hardware and software requirements and capital equipment needs to support departmental accountabilities.
e) Coordinate set up of new hardware/software
f) Coordinate new employee systems access and set up
g) Support QUI BCP by maintaining emergency contact lists, floor plan with hardware and human resources, PC asset list
4) System Administrator functions:
a) Add and/or delete users, assign security rights as designated.
b) Participate in planning and testing of disaster plan.
c) Assist with training or testing needs within department related to data systems, new products.
d) Provide business support for Outlook, Rightfax, pcl burst, Cactus
e) Support development and maintenance of QUI Intranet site
5) Project Coordination:
a) Participate in workgroups as directed related to Medical Management projects – assessment, planning and implementation phases.
b) Provide project support by monitoring existing services and outcomes.
c) Work with project sponsors to establish project performance goals and baselines.
6) Demonstrate HealthPartners Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect
7) Perform other duties as assigned.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #26083.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...