Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Qualified Plan Specialist
Seeking a qualified candidate with experience in Defined Benefits (401K & Pension Plans).
40% 1. Serve as day to day client contact for small plans with less than 10 employees/BASIC plans. Responsible for making sure these plans are operating smoothly, for providing guidance and support to Plan Administrators and trustees on retirement provisions and ensuring clients needs are met. Work with pension consultants on more complex compliance problem resolution or plan designs.
35% 2. Conduct primary and secondary research and collects information to respond to inquiries from customers, field sales/service staff, external and internal auditors or other client advisor's requests as needed.
15% 3. Develop qualitative and quantitative analysis and exhibits that summarize findings including the development of client deliverables (i.e. charts, graphs and reports).
10% 4. Under the direction of the Regional Team Leader, work closely with and communicate information to other units and their managers when needed to ensure consistent Retirement Plan operations with a high level of customer service and overall retention of plans/assets.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time
1) Associate Degree in Business or other related degrees or equivalent trade off in professional related work experience.
2) Five years work experience demonstrating the ability to serve retirement plan customers with a combination of the following experience: excellent customer service, qualified plan operation to include an understanding of plan provisions, nondiscrimination testing, calendar of events for a qualified plan and government filing requirements.
3) ASPPA or NIPA designation. If no designation upon acceptance of this position, candidate must complete designation the ASPPA QKA designation within 3 years of accepting this position.
4) Demonstrate ability to interpret retirement plan documents.
5) Demonstrate ability to apply technical industry knowledge to day to day pension issues.
6) Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with focus on WORD, EXCEL and Outlook.
7) Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
8) Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
9) Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
10) Must exhibit values and competencies as outlined by the company.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Claims, Customer Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20122610-70133
CUNA Mutual Group - 21 months ago