Qualitative Research Consultant (Life Sciences industry)
The location for this position is open - This person could work remotely, or reside in any of the following offices where other employees supporting qualitative or life sciences projects are located: Plymouth Meeting, PA, Ramsey, NJ, Carmel, IN, or Livonia, MI.
Market Strategies International is a leading provider of qualitative research in the United States, consistently executing more than $10M of qual engagements per year. The company believes that rich qualitative methodologies—in all forms, including traditional focus groups and IDIs; ethnographies and netnographies; and in-person, web-mediated and mobile methods—are a critical element in providing clients with integrated insights that drive confident business decisions.
The researcher we seek is an innovative, qualitative researcher who is a superb moderator with knowledge and experience in the Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences industry.
The Qualitative Research Consultant creates research designs that address the business, marketing, and research objectives of our clients in one or more industries. Candidates must have strong knowledge of both industry-specific issues and market research protocol, including the entire process from study design to the delivery of consultative insight. Ideal candidates are able to synthesize and distill information from disparate sources to effectively frame the thinking of senior-level clients about the respective business issues they are facing.
- Consult with clients or other colleagues to understand the business needs and help guide both strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Lead or co-lead the research design process, inclusive of identification of markets, pricing, creation of discussion guide, research plan and analysis plan.
- Develop/co-develop and retain client relationships at multiple levels within the clients’ organization.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes as needed (groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographies, online discussion boards, etc.), and/or guide and direct moderators located in markets across the world to do the same.
- Utilizing a storytelling approach, deliver narrative and communication alongside interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed important guidance and direction into the minds and hearts of our clients.
- Be a proactive liaison with the client and Market Strategies International teams.
- Fully develop and utilize the company’s capabilities to position Market Strategies International as the client's only choice.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of deep qualitative research experience, with a minimum of 2 years of qualitative experience in the pharmaceutical/life sciences industry.
- Must have successful track record of executing multi-country qualitative studies with domestic components alongside more senior qualitative consultants (More than $1M per year preferred).
- Must be a quick study.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Passionate about understanding people, culture and markets, as well as uncovering how things really work.
- NOTE: This position requires heavy travel.
Market Strategies International, Inc. - 30+ days ago