creates innovative tools, systems and services that help educators teach with excellence. With its solutions, educators can easily apply research-based, proven practices such as frequent progress monitoring and needs diagnosis, data-informed decision-making, differentiated instruction, and professional collaborations across classrooms, grades, and schools. The company has helped educators address and solve some of the most pressing challenges in teaching and learning. Wireless Generation currently serves more than 200,000 educators and three million students.
Wireless Generation is seeking a Qualitative Researcher with expertise in the field of education preferably middle school to contribute to the creation of innovative concepts and student user experiences for a suite of next-generation educational applications. The Qualitative Researcher at Wireless Generation will participate in gathering, aggregating and analyzing contextual observations across multiple sites to inform future iterations of our product. Additionally, Qualitative Researchers will organize and gather anecdotal feedback from students and teachers in the field. All findings and feedback will be correlated into cogent actionable insights and relevant behavioral patterns and communicated to the office-based curriculum development team.
Responsibilities of a Qualitative Researcher:
- Understand the pedagogical principles and mechanics lessons planned for testing
- Develop and amend research queries, with field-based teams, prior to testing through the life cycle of the field trial
- Host data aggregation sessions with field based teams at the conclusion of a field trail
- Analyze findings from field-based research to identify patterns and workflows
- Understand and prioritize user needs and workflows and participate in workshops to improve the overall product platform
- Develop appropriate means for presenting research in both formal and informal ways to office-based teams and to key stakeholders
- Initiate, drive and present actionable research-based recommendations to stakeholders to inform future work
- BA/BS degree in a field closely related to education such as Human Factors, Education, or Psychology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of Experience aggregating feedback and producing analysis documentation
- 3+ years of Experience designing and conducting user research and testing – possibly as a teacher testing curricula
- Demonstrated experience as a teacher in a middle school or high school setting
- Experience using digital tools, ideally tablet-based technology, in formal and informal settings
- Experience as an unobtrusive observer
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- 2 years ago - save job
This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation (or...