The Facility Manager is responsible for the overall management of all self perform activities within the Genentech site location, and supervises the UGL employees assigned to individual projects. Specific responsibilities include customer relations/retention, quality assurance oversight, employee assessment/development, staffing, budget oversight, cost containment and reduction, short/long range planning, problem solving, and new product/service delivery. Primary responsibility for employee relations, and customer satisfaction of the Operations and Maintenance department (O&M). Works directly with the Director of Operations, Finance manager on financial performance, and HS&E Manager on site safety/health training, inspections and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintains/monitors customer contacts (owner, tenant), profiling customer needs/expectations and changes in customer priorities while development/implementing account retention strategies
· Develops and implements quality assurance methods and procedures, overseeing same and assessing quality levels achieved by individual UGL employees
· Measures/assesses performance and potential of employees and recommends employees for current/future staffing needs
· Coordinates career development program for management/non-management employees, providing leadership in assessment, planning, and follow-up evaluation of staff, as well as participating in self-development through coaching, training, and other developmental opportunities
· Monitors/evaluates budgets and plans/coordinates future budget/special funding requests
· Remains knowledgeable in new product/service deliver and communicates same to for use/implementation on site
· Acts as the central point of contact for all facilities assets, equipment, systems, and infrastructure. Meets contractual requirements and exceeds customer expectations
· Executes the day to day details of the contract as it relates to O&M and lead the (O&M) department in a zero incident safety culture. Ensures associates/employees work safely and utilize PPE when required.
· Assist with the development and execution of the account’s strategic plans (Business Continuity, Capital Planning, Facility Assessment, etc.).
· Develops standardized processes and programs for the account
· Communicate the operating philosophy, objectives, and expectations to project personnel in a continuing effort to build the project team, as directed by Sr. management.
· Responsible for O&M budget performance and cash management
· Manages the facility's predictive maintenance program, Reliability program with special attention to non-evasive procedures. Respond to or provide direction to resolve all deficiencies during normal working and after hours.
· Responds to customer satisfaction survey requiring follow up.
· Support monthly, and quarterly scorecard performance reviews, or as requested by client and company management
· Flexible to meet the needs and demands of a constantly changing work environment
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the UGL Services employees on Genentech site/s.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Maintains expertise in financial accounting and related software tools. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully Designs work flows and procedures.
Customer Service – Strong customer orientation, manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance. Listens carefully to customer needs. Able to take customer perspective to drive performance improvement. Effectively communicates organizational performance.
Communication –Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Shares expertise with others.
Leadership and Teamwork – Able to effectively lead in a multi-site organization without having direct line management responsibility. Show leadership through power of ideas and persuasion. Places team results above personal interests. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen –The Facility Manager understands the client’s business and how the client makes money. Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Innovation and Technical Skills – Continually updates business and technical knowledge through technical training, industry organizations, research and literature. Shares expertise with others. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
Ethics –Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Organizational Support –Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning/Organizing – Able to work independently and manage competing priorities across multiple sites. Sets challenging goals and objectives.
Strategic Thinking – Understands business implications of decisions Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Develops policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
Quality – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Innovation –Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; - Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources. Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Strives to increase productivity.
UGL Unicco - 15 months ago
UGL Services (formerly UNICCO) isn't afraid to get its hands dirty. The company provides an array of janitorial and other facilities...