Direct and coordinate inspection, quality control, gage studies, special engineering and production layout activities, purchased and fabricated part audits, process audits, gage surveillance and calibration. Supervise hourly workforce.
1. Supervise and coordinate resources to effectively perform daily purchased and Fabricated transmission component product audits, special quality and engineering investigations in the metrology lab.
2. Provide assistance in analyzing and solving complex quality and reliability problems.
3. Facilitate calibration, surveillance and repair of plant gages to meet TS16949 requirements.
4. Perform basic supervisory skills such as timekeeping, overtme scheduling, work planning and team support.
5. Regular contact with cross-functional organizations.
6. Provide daily, weekly, monthly quality reports.
7. Provide technical finding reports as necessary.
Bachelors degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
1. Minimum of 3-5 years experience required.
2. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse work groups required.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
4. Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex required.
5. Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GM&T) and dimensional layout knowledge required.
6. Familiarity with SPC, I-Charts, PFMEA, Process Control Plans, 8D Corrective Action Strategy and Layerd Process Audits required.
1. Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and Gear Analyzer familiarity preferred.
2. Gage calibration experience preferred.
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard