Enviva is seeking a Quality Analyst to join the Operation’s Product Quality Team. The Quality Analyst will help ensure Enviva’s team of manufacturing plants benefit from world-class process control, will drive product and process improvements throughout the Enviva organization, and advance Enviva’s fundamental understanding of pelleting science.
The position is based in Bethesda, MD, but the Quality Analyst can expect to travel 25% to the plants in the Mid- Atlantic and Southeast.
- Monitor pellet production and collect quality data across all plants; using statistical and probability tools, forecast the quality of finished goods prior to being shipped.
- Gather and analyze data to determine best settings for pellet equipment to optimize the durability and quality of pellets.
- Help plants develop, improve, and fully use statistical process control tools.
- Drive product and process improvements by using sophisticated models to understand what influences the quality of Enviva’s pellet
- Coordinate with commercial, financial, and operations teams’ analysis to maximize revenue and present findings to senior management.
- Other duties may include designing and executing experiments to test process or product improvement ideas.
- BS or Master’s degree in Finance, Manufacturing Process (Industrial Engineering), Mechanical Engineering or Statistics with at least 5 years experience preferred.
- Experience developing data models to determine the quality of bulk products from Coal, Pharma, Bulk and Powder Industries of engineered materials or something similar is also preferred.
- Strong experience in statistics, measurement statistics, data modeling, and forecasting required.
- Must understand the fundamental relationship of raw materials to finished goods.
- Must demonstrate passion for process control and be ready to give several examples.
- Knowledge of Lean Thinking or Six Sigma quality concepts and tools; Blackbelt and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Must be data-driven with a heightened sense of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of wood products, wood chemistry, bulk storage, and/or material handling a plus.
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
Enviva is an equal opportunity employer.