Quality Analysts at Synacor are partners in project delivery and are responsible for performing various analysis activities on multiple concurrent projects and participates in the entire Project Life Cycle (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Release, and Maintenance). These Quality Analysts are responsible for ensuring strong communication and knowledge transfer between teams, becoming a subject matter expert, ensuring PM, development and test artifacts are produced to ensure higher levels of quality. They also oversee the testing and issue resolution for the concurrent projects they are assigned. The Quality Analyst also makes substantive contributions to overall quality by influencing practices and aligning to the organizational best practices related to quality assurance.
We are seeking a Quality Analyst to serve as a liaison between the engineering teams, product teams, and the offshore quality assurance team. You will search for, investigate and report defects and drive overall delivery quality. You will utilize your skills to drive mobile test planning, develop the mobile test environment, create test automation, execute functional tests, and deliver in-depth defect report analysis and problem isolation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you will bring to the table:
- Lead client and vendor calls as it relates to integrations and testing
- Active participant in all project meetings
- Interpret changes for overall impact
- Participate in requirements reviews and provide high level input
- Review requirements to determine overall quality and assess touch points
- Review test plans written by off shore team
- Enhance existing test plans with additional knowledge
- Review test report for builds whether project or other
- Implement enhancements to QA test management tool
- Establish priority of test cases with Engineering team
- Communicate to Offshore team lead prioritization of projects
- Operate as Sync lead to bridge communicate between Eng/IT an offshore team
- Manage test users / environment relationship with clients and vendors
- Handle emergency releases when there is no offshore resourcing
- Responsible for delivery of test artifacts for project
- Review tickets in pre-uat for appropriate detail; work with Eng to provide
- Will create test set for project/release with knowledge
- Ensure that connections are drawn on impacted software
- Ensure test servers are built are operationally ready for testing
- Provides post implementation support (determines cause of issue)
- Assist product team in resolving layout and formatting issues (e.g. design, user-flow experience)
- Assist in maintaining test scripts and test environments and aid in increasing knowledge of system
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team as well as on an individual level
- Provide comprehensive release assessments and quality sign-off
In addition, successful candidates will also have the following skills and experience:
- BS in Computer Science at a minimum or equivalent business related experience.
- Project Management experience an asset. Strong leadership skills and the ability to coordinate, communicate and execute through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live.
- Ability to generate extensive, detailed, and professional project-related documentation quickly and on a regular basis.
- 2+ years of application development to ensure contributions to digital reporting dashboards and internal tool development
- Ability to engage, partner and manage offshore project resources effectively to increase overall deliver
- 2+ years of testing experience is an asset
- Proven experience in architecture analysis
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including a proven track record in developing and conducting interviews, focus groups, presentations and client interactions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Strong business acumen with solid analytic skills and conceptual thinking
- A hunger for success and to get a job done well
- Committed to customer satisfaction
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Ability to work independently, and manage mid-large projects
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor - 22 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...